In our top tips for bridal photographs we gave some advice to the bride on how to look her best in her wedding photographs. This time however the attention turns to the groom photographs.
It’s true that as the groom we want our fiancé to have the most amazing wedding day possible and to be able to look back on photographs of her looking stunning. However we also want to look back on images of ourselves looking great.
We have found that so many of our grooms not only have their own sense of style that they want to portray on the wedding day but that they also value the wedding photography that they will receive and invest in to make sure that their bride and themselves are photographed exactly how they would like.
Wedding Photography Ideas – Groom Photographs. Our top 5 wedding tips.
- Be Cool! In other words relax! In general guys do not like to be photographed. The trick here is to not make the camera such a huge part of the events. Because we meet all our clients before the wedding and will probably have had an engagement session as well. When we arrive its more like we are part of the day and you will be comfortable with us and how we work. Meaning you can relax and perhaps even enjoy the groom photographs.
- Posture. Guys do not look good when static. Feet together, arms behind the back and square is not good. It kind of looks like you are about to go in front of the firing squad and you do not want that look in your wedding photos. Guys look best when we “hang” Hands in pockets, lent against something, chilling. Its what we do naturally so we are good at it!
- Treat Yourself. Why not book in for a traditional wet shave, a relaxing massage or even splash out on some new cologne. You want to look and feel great on your wedding day and a little bit of TLC never hurts.
- Preparation. The morning of the wedding will go smoothly with a little preparation. Know your timings for every part of the morning. What time are you having breakfast, when will you get changed into your suit etc. Lay out your clothes the night before to make sure you have everything you need and lastly make sure your best man and ushers are on the same page and that you all know what you are doing in the run-up to the ceremony.
- Enjoy the experience. Lets be honest as the groom we have a lot less to manage on the morning of the wedding than the bride. So take the pressure of yourself and enjoy the build up.