In our third and final part on how to find a wedding photographer we share the top 6 must ask questions when meeting your photographer.
Six Essential Questions to Ask When Hiring a Wedding Photographer:
1. Ask to see work from at least 3 weddings. This way you can see if the photographer’s style is consistent. Also check that the weddings they are showing you are recent and show a complete day.
2. Asking a photographer if they have shot at the venue before is a valid question and can bring a degree of confidence. Keep in mind however a good photographer will be able to shoot anywhere and will perhaps bring a fresh perspective to your wedding day.
3. Find out exactly what you receive for your investment and if there are extras. If so, how much do they cost? All photographers normally have “packages” that give you a certain number of things such as images, hours of coverage, albums and numerous other extras like more images for your album, parent books and DVD slideshows. These can be purchased if required so find out all the options available to you beforehand and determine your priorities.
4. Ask them to describe how they see the wedding day. This will give you a good feel for how they will conduct themselves on the day and if they have the same goals as you to how you want your wedding photographed.
5. Read the terms and conditions! These protect both you and the photographer so take the time to read through it thoroughly. We make sure all our clients go through it with us, this way they can ask any relevant questions then and there. Insurance is a must. Ask for proof that they are protected by insurance should the worst happen. Many venues actually require insurance from any suppliers working there.
6. Ask if the photographer can provide testimonials from previous clients. Many photographers now have pages on their websites for this and there is no better recommendation than from someone who recently used them.
How to Find a Wedding Photographer:
Well there you have it folks! Along with Part 1 and Part 2 on how to find a wedding photographer you should now have the tools and tips to research, find and choose a photographer with a style that you love and the confidence that they will capture your day as you want it remembered as well as be the kind of person you will enjoy having around on your wedding day.
All the best for your wedding day and just remember these final bits of advice. If you have gone to all the effort described in these three blog posts remember communication is key to making sure you and your photographer are on the same page but more importantly trust your photographer to do the amazing job you know they can. Lastly, your photographers will more than likely be with you for most of your special day, so if you feed them they will be your best friend!